WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Sunday, March 8, 2009

WOMEN AT THE WELL RELIEF SOCIETY PRESENTATION.

Yesterday, our Relief Society had the annual Stake Meeting. They presented the program: "Women at the Well'. I've seen it before where I enjoyed it better than yesterday. However, some miracles still happened.
(1) A lady in our ward that hasn't been active in the church until recently, actually prayed for either Sister Meiers or Sister Todd to be there, so she wouldn't feel so alone. Rick's mom went with me. I asked her where she wanted to set. She said she didn't care, so I went on up to the front. As we passed this particular sister, we waved. She smiled. Then later, Rick's mom said we were setting too close for her preference. We got up and moved. We set beside this particular sister. That is when she said that before she came inside the building, she said a little prayer and specifically asked if Sister Todd could be there to help her feel more at ease. She said that when she saw us come in, her heart jumped for joy- but then was let down when we walked on past her. She thought to herself, well, I never actually prayed that they would set beside me. They did come, I should have prayed more specifically. Background on this sister: Rick & his home teaching companion went to her house about a year ago, looking for someone totally different. Apparently, the someone different used to live at this house. The new family had lived in Buhl for 2 years and this was the first contact the church had with them. She started coming back to church just before Christmas-sporadically. When I got put in the Primary Presidency, we needed some extra teachers. I said that I thought she would be good helping in the Nursery. When I mentioned her name, no one else even knew who she was. She is one of our regular Nursery teachers now and she loves it. It had to be the spirit that prompted me to set by her -as an answer to her humble prayer.
(2) The Stake Presidency representative challenged each of us to write in our journals about how we felt the spirit today. Since I didn't enjoy this presentation nearly as well as the first time that I'd seen it, I didn't think that I would actually feel the Spirit. Towards the end of the program a sister is singing a song. It was either: "Day Of Tears" or "Greater Love". She sang both songs, so I'm not sure which one it was. I do know that she was feeling with the Spirit as she sang. I could see it on her face and hear it in her voice. She was singing about if she had been there when Christ was put upon the cross, would she have taken his place? As she sang those words, I felt the Spirit thru her. I mouthed "Thank You" to her. Afterwards, I told her how much I appreciated her Spirit. She asked if I was the one that had mouthed "Thank You" to her.

Rick & I were both given blessings today. I really appreciated the gentleman giving the blessing. He actually paused and let the Spirit help him with these blessings-instead of just giving the normal words. Rick has always said something along the lines "of why does he have to go thru this depression? Whey does he have to have diabetes?" Well, the blessings today said that these trials are for our benefit-that they are Spiritual trials. That's right. I said Spiritual Trials. I've always said that it's how we handle our situations in life that determines what blessings we get. These blessings only solidifies what I already knew in my heart anyhow. Rick's blessing told him that he should have more faith, knowing and believing that people really do care for him. Mine also said that I should continue to write my testimony of these blessings in journals - so that my loved ones will someday benefit from my strong testimony.
I guess that's why my journal/blog is more spiritual related than everyday life. I want my kids and grandkids to have the same eternal blessings that we have. I want my etended families to be with each of us in the Celestial Kingdom.

Update on Rick: Yesterday, things were slightly better. Today, is more like Thursday and Friday. His mood is fine when he's awake. He's still falls asleep in mid whatever he's doing. His thinking ability is not there. He still has no balance. I had to help him get dressed this morning because he couldn't think what he was supposed to do and didn't have the balance to stand by himself.

No comments: