I'm sure most of you read the book by Gordon B. Hinckley: Stand A Little Taller. I really liked yesterdays advice. I want to share that with you-just as a refresher.
2 Nephi 2:25 Men are, that they might have joy.
I am asking that we stop seeking out the storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight. I am suggesting that as we go through life we "accentuate the positive." I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still voices of insult and sarcasms, that we more generously compliment virtue and effort.
Now, back to my thinking: I believe that it's the "perspective" of life that matters. We can dwell on our misfortunes and be miserable. The other option, we can be grateful that we have the blessings that Heavenly Fathers continually pours out on us. Which choice are you going to take? Well, enough of that. I just wanted to share that thought-because it's good advice.
Update on Rick:
He is in the Portneuf Medical Center-Behavioral Center. He's taking one day at a time. This morning, he seemed better than yesterday when I talked to him. However, he seemed worse yesterday than on Saturday when his folks and I visited with him. The Dr.s are changing meds. They are sort of working. One medication has almost completely stopped his hands from shaking, and takes the edge off of the mental situation, but it only works for awhile. They are going to give him more per day to see if it will stay in his system longer. He's been taken off of one of the meds. that he was on. Another med. has been adjusted- amount wise. He is trying to get better. He's trying to participate in the group therapy-classes that are basically required. This situation with Rick is not new. It's been a part of our life the whole time we've been married. It's just happening more often the last few years with more intensity.
Just this morning, a friend called to ask how Rick is. During the conversation, she shared with me some bad news of friends to both of us. Everyone has their own trials in life. That's what I said earlier. It's how we handle those situations in life that matters.
Have a great day everyone.
Misc June
3 years ago












3 comments:
May the Lord's choicest blessings be with you. Mike
You're an inspiration to us all. You are one strong woman, Diane! We'll be praying for you and Rick.
BTW, I never replied to your comment, but no, Debbie didn't make the strawberry hat. I thought so at first, but then saw it had a tag sewn into it. It still is cute, though! And thanks for your kind comments, I love reading them!
You are in our prayers.
Post a Comment