WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, March 30, 2009

ANOTHER UPDATE ON RICK (and STURGEON FISHING)

WEll, I need to update what is going on with Rick. The medications are being regulated. He does not seem "drunk" with medication anymore. He isn't falling down anymore. He isn't slurring his speech andymore. Things are still not great. (They probably never will be. They haven't been for so long.) During the last 2 weeks, he's had at least 5 episodes of almost having a panic attack. Some of the time, he has taken a pill for it and some of the time he just gets past it. The Dr. is still trying to regulate the medications a little better. He went to church yesterday for the first time since the last hospital visit in February. He even drove the car. That's the first time he's driven since then.
For the last 3 weeks, he has gone sturgeon fishing with his brother and dad. He's had a blast doing this. This last Saturday, he caught the biggest one. It was a 1/2 inch smaller than 5 feet long. On the sturgeon pole, it takes about 1/2 hour to bring the fish in. On a regular pole, it took his dad about an hour to bring the fish in-because they are so strong that the pole or line would break if they were brought in any faster. Sturgeon are protected, so it's catch and release by law, but they still had fun with these "monster-sized" fish. His dad brought one in at the same time he got his in. I'm going to add that picture and maybe more.
Look at how ugly these fish are. They look like pre-historic monsters. (I don't think you actually can see how ugly they are on the pictures. On the pictures at home, I enlarged them and you could see their ugly snouts a lot better.)
Rick and his Dad (and his brother's roommate).





2 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Glad to hear some improvements are happening.

And wow on those fish! I've never seen any fish that big, well not alive that is. :)

tash said...

I agree with Allison, glad to hear things are looking up. AND where does Rick go sturgeion fishing...it is something I would LOVE to do! Plus is it always that good of fishing??!