WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Saturday, March 14, 2009

LIFE

Update on Rick: He visited with both his local doctors -medical and pyschiatrist- on Monday. Both of them said he was truly overdosed with medications. They took him off of 3 of the new 4 medications. I looked at the sheets that talk about drug side effects that Portneuf Medical Center sent home. It said: If you're taking this pill, do not take the other. Another med. sheet said the same thing. Portneuf Medical Center had Rick taking all 3 of those pills together. No wonder he was overdosed and basically "drunk". Today is the first tiime that he's fallen down since Monday morning. Yesterday is the first time that I dared leave him home alone. His folks have been "babysitting" him. His brother took him fishing today. I hope he does o.k.
His medical doctor wants him to have a Cat Scan test on Monday-checking out his brain just in case. The reason: She told him to walk one direction and he walked a different direction than she said. He's disoriented. His speech is still slurred, but not as bad. His blood pressure is slightly lower than normal. That would affect his speech and thinking ability. I'm thinking the dosage of the blood pressure medicine should be smaller. This medicine also helps with his "shaking".

Two nights ago, I looked out into our pasture. It was almost dark. I looked at our calves-making sure all 5 were there. I counted a 6th head. It wasn't a calf. At first, we couldn't tell what it was. It looked sort of like a sheep, but also a goat. It's a goat, but not the typical goat. It's a young goat. It's spotted brown and white. One of our calves is spotted brown and white. I think this goat thought our calf was it's mother. None of our neighbors have goats. We don't know where it came from. It followed Rick to the house yesterday when he fed the calves. The goat followed like a little puppy does. Since we don't have any idea where it came from, we told Rick's niece and her husband that they couold have it. They came and got it lastnight. They have other goats. They said if anyone comes looking for it, they could pick it up at their house. If no one comes looking for it, we at least know it will be taken care of.
A few years ago, someone just left their cat at our house also. We know it was a pet, because it has a collar on. None of our cats have collars, because they are too wild to catch and they live outside. I guess, because we live on an acerage, other people think it's o.k. to just drop their animals off at our place.
Mom wasn't feeling very well this week. I called on Tuesday. She said that she hadn't felt good all week. I asked if the twins had taken her to the doctor. They were taking her to the hospital in Jerome that night. They called later and said that she had an infection. The doctors sent her home with a prescription. I haven't had a chance to visit her this week. (I've been busy with Rick and subbing at the Temple.) I'm going to visit her today.
Life is busy-like always.
Love to all.
Diane

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a terrific update, thanks! It's an interesting life there for certain.

tash said...

Glad they took him off the extra drugs, that definately helps explain his reaction. Hopefully now he will get better.

jeff and alli said...

Glad that the medication stuff is getting worked out.