Well, Rick came home on Wednesday. His mood is better.
However, now we have a different problem. He's so doped up with medications, that he's basically "drunk". He has no equilibrium or balance. He falls all of the time. He falls asleep in mid- sentence. He falls asleep with food in motion to his mouth. He's non-responsive to the phone ringing right beside him. He's non-responsive to me shaking his hand and telling him to wake up. We've called the hospital. They said he was fine when they released him. (Not true. He did not have balance then. He had to hang on to me as we walked out to the car, so he wouldn't fall down. All of the way home, he basically was a zombie. That's what he's been ever since I brought him home.) He's supposed to see a new counselor on the 16th. His psychiatrist is only available a few days a week. So, he's not much help. I wish we could find a happy meduim with Rick. It's nice not having him depressed to the point that he's "over the edge", but I would like to have a companion also.
I'm calling some doctors on Monday.
Misc June
3 years ago












2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear he is having such a bad reaction/side effect of his medication. That's got to be very tough. I hope you find a doctor who will be helpful to you both. You will be in my prayers.
PS
Did you get your blog book?
Sorry Diane. I wish Rick could feel the happiness in his life that he is meant to have. This is a question not meant for you to necessarily answer to me nor is it meant has a solution, but does Rick read his scriptures? Sounds like right now he probably couldn't, just fall asleep.
On the mission I worked with some people that dealt with depression, all needed medical help, but they said scripture study was helpful. One lady said when she we would read, she felt less afraid, and more calm. It didn't solve her problems, but it seemed to give her moments of needed relief if that makes sense.
Post a Comment