Stephanie & Mom
Mom/Grandma's Nursing Home had a Family Christmas Dinner for all of the residents. Stephanie, "Mady" & "Kenna" and Rick & I went. Mom's table is right up front of the room-right by the piano. They had VERY LOUD MUSIC (if you could call it music). They weren't even playing Christmas Music. None of us at our table could even visit with each other. Except during the few short time periods that they were deciding which song to play next. It was a family group: Grandma pounding on the piano, son blaring a tuba-a special one used for the Bronco Games and a granddaughter playing something else. After we were done eating, I begged them to play some Christmas music. They played old songs that no one recognized, except "Go Tell It On The Mountain". I was hoping for some traditional Christmas music-like the hymns. By the time that I begged them to play Christmas music, many people had already left. We heard later in the week that everyone was disappointed with the background music.
The meal was actually pretty for good -we had fried chicken, mashed potatoes & gravy, veggies and some sweet thing-churros I think. 
Best Friends "Kenna" & "Bonka"
Me (Diane/Grandma) & "Mady"












2 comments:
If that girl in the background is who you were talking about, she is playing a clarinet! That is quite an odd combination of instruments, but if done well anything can sound nice, it just sounds like this wasn't done well.
Kristin, you are right. It wasn't a very good combination of instruments. She was the best part of the group-which isn't saying much.
Diane
Post a Comment