WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, January 11, 2010

MORE CATCHING UP FOR 2009 PART THREE

We had planned on inviting mom/Grandma to our house for Christmas Eve. Then, Stephanie invited her to her house for supper on Christmas Day. Mom thought 2 days in a row would be too much on her. So we cut out our Christmas Eve. That meant for a very quiet evening for Rick & I-nothing to do-especially with Rick sleeping most of his life away.
The next day was spent at Rick's parents house. A much smaller group of people than normal. It was kind of quiet there also. When we got home, Mom had left a message on our answering machine. She wasn't feeling good-a bad case of diarrhea. She didn't get to come for Christmas Evening at Stephanie's. I felt so bad for her. This being her first Christmas in the Nursing Home, I didn't want her to be alone. Thankfully, Grant and James and the twins had visited her on Christmas Eve Day. They had lunch together at the Nursing Home.
We had a nice meal and evening at Stephanie's house. Heather's husband-Chad- and Stephanie's youngest are best buddies. I'm including a picture.

"Kenna", Uncle Chad & "Bekha"
(I always put family names in brackets because they are not their real names. It's what we've grown to use for each of them.)
Grant had asked me if I would take the twins for a week. He needed a break. We met them in Burley on Sunday after Christmas around 5:15 p.m. The following Tuesday, I subbed at the Temple. The twins spent the day volunteering at the D.I. It was good for them, better than having nothing to do at my house while Rick sleeps. (Grant has them volunteering most of the time in Pocatello.) They forgot to bring their church clothes. Before we left the D.I., they bought some black slacks and white shirts, and church shoes. One of them spent around $15.00 and the other one spent around $20.00. One of them bought waist size 35 and the other one bought waist size 34. Both of their shirts were size medium. When they went to church with me the following Sunday, they looked pretty sharp. I wish I would have taken a picture of them looking that slim. During the week, it was appreciated to have some help around the house. They shoveled snow a few times-twice on New Year's Eve because it snowed about 5-7 inches after Mom came for supper. The twins also helped Rick with loading the coal a few times. Thanks to both of them for your help. Grant picked them up on the Wednesday after New Years.
We picked up Mom around 5:00 p.m. for New Year's Eve Supper. The Twins had not seen the Christmas lights at the Mall. I went there first. Then, Mom had not seen some other spectacular lights - friends from the Temple. I drove past their lane. By the time we finished enjoying the lights, the weather was getting worse. I called Rick and asked him to finish up supper while I was driving home. We had a pleasant meal and then watched a Hallmark movie that came on around Thanksgiving Time. It was called: "A Dog Named Christmas". That has been our Christmas Eve tradition with Dad & Mom and the twins for some time. This year, it was just postponed until New Years Eve (of course not with Dad).
When I picked up Mom, she said that I would have felt bad if the Nursing Home would have called me and told me that they lost her. I didn't know what she was implying at first. She proceeded to tell me. When they went to get her up for lunch around 11:15, they couldn't wake her up. It took almost 40 minutes to wake her up. They took every test possible and said she was o.k. Later, in the evening, Mom said that Dad was talking to her. Basically all she remembers him saying was: Helen, Helen, HELEN. I wouldn't be too surprised if she passes on soon-just because she's ready. To be truthful, I'm o.k. with that when it happens. She deserves to be with Dad, Alan, Ryan, Sean and her parents.
Well, I better finish with an upbeat. A friend from the Boise Temple that works in the Twin Falls Temple always gives us $100.00 for Christmas. Her husband started it 3 years ago. Then, he died shortly after Dad did. She continued giving us the money the last 2 years. She says Donald wanted us to have it. The first year, she said that Donald had our name on the $100.00 bill in his drawer. This year, as I was subbing on her shift just before Christmas, she stuffed another $100.00 bill into my hand and said it was from Donald. Rick's folks just gave us money this year instead of Gift Certificates. I put my $75.00 towards a Carpet Cleaner. Yes, I had to pay some extra for it. It was one of the best/needed presents I could have bought for myself. Having house pets causes accidents. So, thank you Yulah & (Donald) and Rick's parents. I love my Carpet Cleaner!

No comments: