WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, January 11, 2010

MORE CATCHING UP-2009 PART TWO

Can I share something fun with you?
About a week before Christmas, I had Visiting Teachers. The phone rang. Rick said that I was wanted. I asked him to take a message. He asked if this was one of these stupid phone calls asking for money. They said: "No, they were actually trying to give money away." After my Visiting Teachers left, I called back. The Radio Station-Mix 103 had a "12 Days of Christmas Give-A-way Promotion". (I don't like this Radio Station. I?m not sure how I heard about it.) The guy asked me if I remember signing up for this contest at a certain place. I don't even know what place he said. No, I don't remember signing up. He said that I had written HAPPY HOLIDAYS on the back of the entry form. I do remember doing that. (I think it was at my local grocery store-so they must have been affiliated with the radio station.)
I only filled out one entry form. They saved the best prize for the last day-which was my day. I won a trip-sort of. They are paying the hotel bill and free admission to a few attractions while there.
There were 4 choices: (1) 5 days and 4 nights to Las Vegas. WE HOPE WE NEVER HAVE TO GO TO LAS VEGAS AGAIN IN OUR LIFETIME- SO THAT OPTION IS OUT. We hated las Vegas ! !
(2) 5 Days and 4 nights to Seattle. Free admission to ride the Space Needle-not free food to the restaurant once up there. Free Harbor Tour and Free admission to the Aquarium
(3) 4 Days and 3 nights to the Grand Canyon -with Free admission to the Park
(4)4 Days and 3 nights to Jackson Hole.-with Free admission to both the Teton Park and Yellowstone Park, Free admission to Ripleys's Believe or Not Museum and if we went in the winter-Free lift tickets to ski.
Since we have to pay for getting to our destination and other enjoyments, we decided to go to Jackson Hole. We checked into what attractions were available that fit into our budget. It will be a little "pricey" for us, but we can pull it off. We are going to float the river with an evening BBQ one day, another day we will have a Chuck Wagon Ride into the mountains-Chuck Wagon Dinner and Cowboy musical program, we are also hoping to ride the Gondola up the mountain and ride the Practice Luge Run down the hill. That's besides going into both parks. Our hotel serves continental breakfasts, so we won't have to worry about too many meals. We figure it will cost us around $300.00. That's not bad. It's about what we'd pay for a week's worth of camping, 4-wheeling and buying food and gas. We're pretty excited. We're planning on doing this during the summer maintenance time of our Temple. The weather may still be a little cool, but we're excited! We have one year to take the trip from the day that it was registered. I believe it was registered on the 29th of December.

1 comment:

jeff and alli said...

Congrats! It probably felt good to win something.