WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Thursday, January 21, 2010

HEAVENLY FATHER BLESSES-WHEN WE MAKE THE EFFORT.

I need to share with you my growth in learning the Spanish Ordinances at the Temple. I've never taken any Spanish in school. However, this is something that I really want to do. I've learned all of it in Spanish. I've had the opportunity to actually do part of it in Spanish. (I haven't had very many opportunities yet-but I will.) Both times I had the opportunities, the sisters were very appreciative of me for learning the ordinance work in their language.
I subbed yesterday on the day shift. Wednesday evening are one of the Spanish shifts. I made arrangements to stay an hour later and have a Spanish speaking sister mentor me with how to actually pronounce the words. She said she was amazed that I was so-o-o good at most of it. In reality, she only helped me with just a few words. WOW ! THANKS HEAVENLY FATHER FOR BLESSING ME WITH LEARNING THIS. The mentor actually let me practice the Veil Ordinance work out loud with her. That was great experience! I had to actually think about what she was saying-because I was practicing as the patron. The first time you say it out loud is a lot different than saying it in your head quietly all of the time.
I subbed this last Tuesday. I almost got another opportunity to use my Spanish Veil knowledge. The Coordinators forgot that I know how. They said that they would remember next time.
Another example of Heavenly Father Blessing us when we try: is my ability to play the piano. I've never had lessons. However, I continue to improve. I'm so thankful that Bishop called me to play the piano in Relief Society some years back. It was difficult, but because of that opportunity, I can set down and play most of the Primary songs, and a lot more of the regular hymns -without playing the simplified version.
(However, I still prefer to play the Primary songs and the simplified hymnbook.)

1 comment:

jeff and alli said...

I think there are so many blessings out there for us if we will just put our faith in God and take the path He has for us. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

I hope Heather's family is able to find some work. We can somewhat relate, Jeff graduates in May and we still don't have a job lined up either.