WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Tuesday, February 9, 2010

RED LETTER DAY ! ! !

I've been subbing at the Temple on Tuesdays since December 8th (for 2 different sisters). The Coordinator always lets me go home an hour early. When I was doing the Veil at 3:00, the Coordinator mentioned that 2 Spanish sisters had come in to do Initiatory. She said that she might change my assignment after the Veil. When I finished, the Initiatory Coordinator said she didn't need me. So I did another assignment for awhile, but I said I'd check back. About 15 minutes later, I went back. She put me in the booth with the 2 Spanish Sisters. None of the Ordinance Workers on this shift knows the dialogue in Spanish. they were performing the work in English. I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO EACH BOOTH-SPEAKING SPANISH. Since this was my first time truly doing it-all 3 booths, I did stumble a few times and had to look at my card. However, the more that I did it, the better that I got. I WAS ABLE TO DO EACH BOOTH ABOUT 3 TIMES IN SPANISH. Later, I had an English speaking sister come in. I did 2 Spanish sisters in each booth and 1 English sister. That was good experience. So much for going home early. I stayed the full hour and enjoyed every bit of it. One sister didn't speak English very well. The other one did. The both told me that they loved me, hugged me and thanked me for learning it in their language. The one that did speak English, said she could understand me. I'm sure the other one did also because of the way she acted. Gratifying! Thanks Heavenly Father !

No comments: