WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I DON'T REALLY SPEAK SPANISH.--- TUESDAY SUBBING FINISHED.

The Spanish Branch is combined into our ward.  We have joint Primary and Relief Society (translators in Relief Society).  This last Sunday, as we were getting ready to leave church.  Relief Society was just getting over.  The Spanish Sister that I had in Initiatory 2 weeks ago, that didn't speak English, saw me.  We both hugged.  I must have done o.k. a few weeks ago with my Spanish.  The reason:  she started talking to me in Spanish.  The only things that I understood was that she asked me how I was and she told me hello.  I responded back in Spanish to the 2 things that I understood.  However, I couldn't actually talk to her in Spanish.  She must have thought that I actually knew Spanish-instead of just the Temple Ordinances.  She was with a young gal that I have worked with at Green Giant.  She's investigating the church, but comes all of the time.  I imagine after I left, my friend from work told the older sister that I don't speak Spanish and the older lady was saying that I did.  Cute situation.
Well,  last week-Tuesday- was my last day for " regular" subbing at the Temple.  I've been officially subbing on Tuesdays since the second week of December for 2 different ladies.  I received a call from the Shift Coordinator yesterday, saying that the one sister thinks she's ready to go back to the Temple today.  I will miss being there.  It's been long enough, that they feel like my shift also.  However, it does seem nice to have some extra time at home.  Now, I will just sub whenever people call me-which is still often.
Oh, let me tell you a neat story that someone told me last week in the Temple break room.  It was someone eles's story being retold to me, but true.  I'm not sure when the story actually happened.  Their  story started 13 years earlier.  Their son had left the church and didn't have anything to do with them.  They had not even seen him in 13 years.  13 years later, they decided that they wanted to go on a mission.  They put their papers in and specifically stated that they didn't want a proselyting mission because they were too old.  They received their papers for a proselyting mission for a particular town in Florida.  They asked their Bishop to resubmit their papers.   He did.  They got a new call.  It was for the EXACT SAME MISSION-SAME CIRCUMSTANCES.  They went - heavy hearted.  The  first week they sat in their apartment doing nothing.   The next week, they realized that they couldn't spend the next 18 months inside their apartment.  They decided to get in their car and get a feel of the land and feel more comfortable with their surroundings.  THE VERY FIRST DOOR THEY KNOCKED ON, WAS THE DOOR OF THEIR SON THAT THEY HADN'T SEEN IN 13 YEARS.  IT WAS FATE.  IT WAS AN ANSWER TO MANY PRAYERS.   IT WASN'T LONG BEFORE HE CAME BACK TO THE CHURCH AND THE PARENTS AND SON HAD RESTORED THEIR FAMILY RELATIONS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ola! Good story about Spanish, love it. Interesting stories you have to tell! Keep up the terrific blog, Mike

Anonymous said...

Your phrase simply excellent