WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Thursday, February 11, 2010

MOM'S BIRTHDAY

A quick post about Mom's birthday yesterday. She had a pleasant day. Friends of Dad & Mom's came from Blackfoot and spent about 1 and 1/2 hours. (Devon & Ila Kofoed) That was the only reason they came. They had called me a few days earlier and said that Mom had been on their minds a lot and thought they should make a visit.
Just as I got to the Care Center, Grant and the twins parked right beside me. The friends left before lunch. The rest of us spent most of the day together. We stayed until around 3:00. Mom just didn't want us to leave. She recieved cards and letters from those that couldn't visit. I shared some family pictures off of your blogs with her. I didn't get all of them printed up in time. She enjoyed seeing how everyone is doing.
By the time we left, she was getting tired. Her friend that took Misty as her dog, gave her a picture of Mom and Misty that was taken just the day before. I'll try to share it with you sometime. It was a pretty good picture.

No comments: