Sometimes I get so frustrated with Rick's mom. She tells Rick how good his long hair looks. I'm all of the time asking him to cut his hair. (He usually gets 2-3 hair cuts a year.) Just about the time I get him convinced that it's time to cut his hair, she speaks up. Then, I have to spend the next few weeks to months talking Rick into it again. Of course, he doesn't want to make his mother upset, so she always wins. The only time in our life that he got regular hair cuts was while he was serving in the Boise Temple. HOWEVER, IS ATTITUDE IS MUCH BETTER LATELY! BOTH OF US ARE TRULY GRATEFUL FOR THE IMPROVEMENT!
Our Primary just had an activity day on Saturday. My President wanted the kids to learn that work can be fun. We volunteered to clean the church. We fashioned the day after the CBS T.V. show - The Amazing Race. We didn't have a lot of kids or parents come (because of Conference and also Stake Conference causing times that they weren't at church to be reminded.) Even though the numbers weren't great, it was a successful event. The kids enjoyed it and so did the parents. We plan on doing it again next year.
I have overscheduled myself this week at the Temple. It's just by accident, but I'm serving 5 shifts this week. Thankfully, one of the shifts is on my regular day so I only have to go 4 times. That day, I just work a double shift. I often do that. In fact, I claim Friday evening (and Thursday day) as my "regular" shifts also. I only have one real regular shift. That's Friday day. Most of the workers at the Temple are assigned 2 regular shifts. I'm not because of my work at Green Giant/Seneca Foods during the harvest season.
Some "interesting" things going on with the twins and Mom. I wish Mom would agree to going in a Nursing Home. She would have better care. She refuses, because of what will happen to the twins when she's gone. Jerry has a girlfriend. She's a niece of my first fiance'-Earl Casper. She is also a client in the same schooling-training that both Terry & Jerry are in. In fact, she has the same "tech" person over her that the twins have. Most everyone is hoping the situation will die down soon. The twins car died. They still owe on it for another 1 1/2 years. They bought an old clunker for another car. Terry still has his job, but quit a few weeks ago because people were making fun of him. Thankfully, his job coach and his "tech" made things better. His health isn't good again. Last summer, he was in the hospital for intestinal problems that could have killed him. He's again having some of the same problems-throwing up blood. I worry about him keeping his job because of this happening so soon after he quit. Time will tell.
Heather just gave Stephanie more hours to work at the cafe that Heather is the main waitress at. That has caused a few ill feelings with the cook and Heather. That's because the waitress that now has less hours is the wife of the cook. Stephanie is enjoying the extra hours and needs the money.
That's pretty much what's going on right now. Rick is still hooked on Sturgeon fishing. He goes at least once a week-sometimes twice.
No new pictures (of anything) today.
I need to get to work on my next Sharing Time for primary.
Misc June
3 years ago












3 comments:
Oh, Diane. I don't know why we are each given the trials we are, but I do hope that Heavenly Father continues to help you and your family, and Grandma and the twins. I shouldn't whine and complain so much about my trivial problems.
I'm glad you get to be in the temple so frequently. I don't think Brad and I are going to make it this month, I just feel so lousy in the evenings, I thought we were back where we'd get to go monthly again, now that Brynn is nearly done nursing, but now we've got a whole new situtation!!
I think you are awesome! If I could do anything to help, ,just let me know.
Lyndsay
Lyndsay,
Thanks for your kind words. I didn't mean to be complaining. (I guess I was about Rick's hair.) However, that's just our life. I didn't have any wonderful news to share today. I just hadn't posted for awhile.
It seems like alot has been going on, but really its just life. I'm glad Rick is feeling better, I'm sure that will make a big difference. I can understand why Grandma wouldn't want to go to a nursing home, neither would I. However, if she could find one like the place I volunteer she might be ok with it. It really has changed my opinions on them. I hope everything will continue to improve for everyone.
Post a Comment