WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Saturday, April 11, 2009

LATE: SPRING BREAK


I know this post is late.
During Spring Break which was the middle of March, Heather needed a built-in babysitter. She asked if the kids could stay with us for a few days. The movie theaters and the radio stations had a great deal for the week. If we wrote down the call letters of the radio for each person going to the matinees, they would get in for 50 cents each. That was such a great deal, that I couldn't pass it up. I took all 3 of the kids to see "Marley and Me". I gave them a choice between that and 2 cartoons. I really wanted to see this, but I gave them the choice. However, if I would have known how the show ended, I would not have gone to it even if someone had paid me to go. Don't get me wrong, this was a good family show. It's just that dogs are part of my family. When Marley died in the show, it brought back many memories of when we had to put Popeye to sleep. I was crying. (Most of the adults were also crying.) Jacob was bored, Tyler was almost bored until he noticed that I was crying, then he started to take notice of the show. "Bekha" was enjoying the show, but didn't start crying until she saw me crying.
Since the show was so cheap to get in, we splurged and bought a huge cannister of buttered popcorn. (Rick & I never do that.) 4 of us got into the movie and bought the popcorn for under $8.00. What a deal! It was a fun thing to do with the grandkids for an afternoon.
Heather's kids are used to getting pop every time they go in a store. We bought lunch at Artic Circle. I ordered water for everyone. Later, when we went inside a store, they said they were thirsty. I took them to the drinking fountain for water. They were a little dissapointed in that situation. I don't think grandma (me) is as fun as other grandmas.

3 comments:

jeff and alli said...

We didn't get pop very often when I was younger either. They will be just fine. :)

Sounds like a good day though. I wish I could go to the movies for 50 cents, that is incredible. Which I think makes you a fun grandma.

The Todd's Life said...

I KNOW THEY WILL BE FINE. THEY JUST DON'T KNOW THAT.
Poor people do what poor people can afford. We take advantage of the frugal opportunities in life and make the best of the situation.
Diane

Justin and Kristin said...

Justin and I read this book around Christmas, so that we could go see the movie when it came out. The book is hilarious, but also very immotional. The sad thing is, a couple of weeks after we went and saw the movie, we had to put Sadie (one of the dogs we grew up with, we had her for 14 years) down. And I was thinking about that day coming while we watched it, along with all the other animals who've passed.
But, he was still a very bad dog and it was pretty funny!