WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, April 13, 2009

UPDATE

Today was Grandpa Allen's Birthday. (Grandpa Allen is my mom's dad.) I always remember that because sometimes it was on Easter. We visited them one year on his birthday-on Easter. All of us, and the McEntire cousins went hiking up on "Grandpa's hill". (It wasn't really his hill, but we thought it was.) Grant, & Morgan were on top of the cave that the rest of us were in. I was just walking out of the cave as they kicked a rock. It hit the top of my head and I started bleeding. I still have a scar. We were still in our Easter clothes. I'm sure that didn't go over very well with Grandma and Mom.
We went to Stephanie's house Saturday evening to celebrate Kari, Arianna, and "Mady's" birthdays. Kari turned 16 on Easter-12th, Arianna will be 15 on the 28th of April and "Mady" turned 11 on the 7th of April. Kari said she had a dinner date.
Arianna & "Mady" Rodriguez & Kari Otto
Madyson Rodriguez

Kari Otto & Arianna Rodriquez
Rick & I went over to Grandma Bodilys for lunch/dinner after church on Easter. She acted like she really enjoyed having someone other than the twins to talk to. She misses dad especially on Holidays. I'm glad we could be there for her and the twins.

3 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Wow, those girls are growing up. Sounds like good family time.

tash said...

Arianna and Madyson look so much like Stephanie!

I remember that hill. I think I was only there one time, but I remember the hill and the cave.

The Todd's Life said...

That's funny, because I think Arianna & "Mady" look more like their Dad than Stephanie-especially Arianna.
I'm surprised that you (TASH) remember "Grandpa's hill and cave".