Hi,
We just served the 2nd day at the Twin Falls Temple Open House.
I want to share some of the experiences that have happened.
Last Saturday, Our area had our first baptism from the open house of the Temple. There are a few more scheduled in the next few weeks.
One of the best stories just happened last week. There was a family visiting the Carthage jail and the Nauvoo Temple grounds. They are not members. They wanted to see inside the Temple and asked if there was any way that they could see the inside of the Temple without being members. They were told that during an Open House was the only time. This family asked if there was an Open House going on right now. Of course they were told about the Twin Falls Temple. They had never even heard of Twin Falls, Idaho. Needless to say, they made the trip out to Idaho last week. They went thru the Temple and asked if they could go thru again the same day. This time, Elder Brent Nielson (of the area seventy) took this family thru on a special tour.
This family was so impressed that they have made arrangements for the Missionaries to meet with them when they get back home.
Just this morning, Elder Nielson said that another neat situation happened. He had known the man-member for a long time. His dad and step-mom came to the Open House. Apparently, the younger man is a convert. His parents were not one bit happy about their son joining the Mormon Church. When the parents came, the mother was mad because she came to see the Temple- not that other church house also. I gathered she was throwing a fit. Anyhow, Elder Nielson was asked to take them on a personal tour also. It was at the end of the day and he could take as long as needed. He said that before they finished, the mother's attitude had softened deeply. She happened to be the mother-in-law of a friend's daughter. Therefore, I got the rest of the story. The mother-in-law called and said how grateful she was for this experience.
Yesterday, we had 20 self referrals. I believe that maybe we saw one of them. We had taken one of the gals that Rick Home Teaches. (His partner went with us.) I was watching this one particular man during the tour. He was "drinking in" everything. He purposely was the last one out of each room. As we were getting ready to leave sealing room, I asked him if he noticed the mirrors. (The tour guides did not bring that to our attention.) The man seemed impressed. Then as we were in the hosting center again, he was just about the last one. I visited with the Sister Missionary. I told her that he seemed very interested. She said she would visit with him. We were probably there for about 20 minutes. The 2 of them were still visiting as we left.
One of the first stories that I heard was about a family from Sweden that was visiting Sun Valley. They read in the paper that the Open House was going on and decided to come on down. Their native language isn't English. They did speak English, but preferred to have the tour in their own language. Luckily, someone that was helping with ushering that day had been on a mission in their area. He was their personal tour guide translator. All of us know that Heavenly Father had a hand in that happening.
I am so excited for our Temple to open.
I may not get to serve at the next scheduled Open House for our Stake, because I may be back to work. Other years, I would already be back to work. This year-work is starting late. I know that's just because Heavenly Father knows that I needed the time off to serve at the Open House. I need a few more days off between now and when it opens. I'm going on faith that a way will be provided that I can do what is asked off me and also work.
Misc June
3 years ago












4 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing. I can feel the Spirit right now. Thank you. Isn't it wonderful how the Spirit is able to touch people. :)
That is so neat to hear of these stories Diane. Thank you for writing about them! I am so impressed that a family would fly out to a place they have never heard of to see the inside of a building. I am happy to hear these stories.
I agree. I found the first story amazing. I love hearing things like that.
Good words.
Post a Comment