WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our viewing of the Temple

Well, we were able to see the inside of the Temple on the 29th of June. It was actually a practice session for the tour guides. Since Diane is an officiator, we were included. It's very plain-compared to many Temples. It has the prettiest chandelier that I've ever seen. (It was neat going into the Celestial Room. The tour guide didn't speak in here. He just let everyone "drink in" the feeling.) It has the largest Sealing Room in a Temple that the church has. It has seating for either 70 or 75-with enough extra space for approxiamatley 30 more chairs.
We will be ushers for the Open House on the 14th and 30th of July and also on the 8th of August. We will serve for about 3-4 hours each day. We are not sure what we will be doing or what time.

3 comments:

tash said...

I supposed to go sometime in August to see the temple. I like the open houses. ps...actually only 1 person calls me tash.

jeff and alli said...

Oh I wish I could be there and see it. What a large sealing room, that will make some brides and parents very happy. :)

The Todd's Life said...

Sausha,
Who is it that calls you Tash?
Allison,
I'm sure you will see it someday. You are right, that huge sealing room will make some families very happy-being able to invite all that you want to a very special day.
Love you both,
Aunt Diane