WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Saturday, July 5, 2008

How we celebrated the 4th of July.

We had a picnic with Mom (Grandma Bodily) and the twins on the Monday before the 4th. She didn't want to be around the crowds. She thought it would be easier. We met at Niagra Springs about 1/2 way between Jerome and Buhl. It really is nice. A lot nicer than the last time we were there. Mom really enjoyed being outside and hearing the sounds of nature-birds, water flowing, etc. Ric & I and the twins played 2 games of sling ball while Mom watched.
Then on the 4th, Grant treated us to a float trip down the river near Hagerman. He wanted to take us up near Yellowstone, but we couldn't afford the extra gas. He said that river would have had rapids or about 3 miles solid-level 3. That would have been extremely fun. We still enjoyed the float trip. It had some fun times and a long, slow area also. It finished up with rapids. During the fun times, James was smiling from ear to ear. We packed a lunch and stopped about 1/2 way during the float to eat.
James absolutely loves Uncle Rick. They stayed the afternoon and early evening. We BBQ'd steaks and finshed off the potato salad. Thanks Grant for treating us to a fun day. (It was a lot more fun than the usual boring parade that Buhl provides.)

4 comments:

The Todd's Life said...

Oops! I noticed that I had a few typo mistakes. Sorry about that.
Diane

jeff and alli said...

Oh that sounds like 2 days of fun. I've been hearing about so many people going rafting that I want to go now too. :)

Favs From My Kitchen to Yours!! said...

Hi Diane. I'm so glad you had a fun 4th! I don't know if you have our blog address: www.ourfunlittlefam.blogspot.com Tiffany Eaton

JoshandMegs said...

I am just now trying to get to my emails and I saw you needed help getting titles, but I see you figured it out now!
I'm glad you had a good 4th and were able to spend it with Grandma.