
I need to share with you a neat experience. About a month ago when I was at the Temple, the session had just started. I got an inspiration from the Spirit. It was that Rick's Grandpa Todd wanted his Temple work finished-and if we get his work done, it will get Rick's Dad baptized. I first thought it was just my wishful thinking, but I asked Heavenly Father to help me shake the feeling if it was wrong. I could not shake this feeling. Thru out the session and all thru the Iniatory Session, I still had this feeling. When I got home, I asked Rick if his sister & her husband had finished the work. (They had said they were going to.) Rick didn't know. The next weekend, Terry was visiting. I asked her. She said they had not got around to finishing the work. Well, this last Saturday, they finished the work. They had Rick's grandparents sealed to each other. I was so excited about it, that I had to call Rick's folks. Rick's Dad answered the phone. He was o.k. with this. Most of the work had already been done on his grandma but only the baptisim on his Grandpa. So, Rick's siter and her husband really had a great day. Rick's dad is the only child. I'm sure his grandparents are anxiously waiting for Melvin to decide to be baptized. Melvin basically is a member. He supports us in everything. He lives the life of a member, but feels responsibility to his church. I think when they all die off-which is happening-he will decide to be baptized. Then, he won't feel a responsibility to them anymore.
(The picture is Rick's grandparents and his dad. George & Pearl Todd and Melvin Todd.)












3 comments:
What a neat experience. Thank you for sharing. I like using our blogs to uplift each other. Also, I think Heather looks like Pearl a bit. Is it just me or does anyone else see it?
Allison,
I don't think anyone in the Todd family has ever mentioned that. After you said this, I went back and looked at Pearl' picture. You are right. Heather's pictures as a little girl, look very much like Pearl.
Good eye.
Love ya,
Aunt Diane
What a wonderful experience. I hope to hear soon that Ricks dad is baptized. It reminds me of Josh's father because he too supports our religion very much so, as well as he has served for the church. We just pray that he joins someday.
Post a Comment