WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Tuesday, February 8, 2011

OUR NEWS! ! !  We paid off our house today!   Yesterday, we owed $65.55.  I tried transferring that amount from our checking account.  It wouldn't let me do that transfer.  It would let me transfer $65.00.   This morning, we owed  55 cents on our house.  I went to the bank this morning, but the lobby wasn't open.  Later in the day -when life slowed down- I went back.  We had enough in escrow that we we able to pay off the 55 cents and the $50.00 title transfer fee and still have $430.15 left over.  We're going to apply in to our taxes. 
We had refinanced it twice.  We knocked off about 10 years and at least $20,000 in interest--at least we think probably that much.
Now it will be much easier to make our car payments.  The last 4 or 5 month-paying car payments and house payments has been a little tight financially.

4 comments:

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

CONGRATULATIONS! It's nice to have one less burden off your shoulders, huh!

Jon, Kristin, and the kiddos said...

This is so late, so I hope that you will see it. I just wanted to give you a HUGE CONGRATULATIONS! That is wonderful and great! I can only imagine how much easier this will make other things for you too. :D

The Todd's Life said...

We appreciate both of your comments. It is a relief. This is the first month (March) that we haven't had to make the payment. Even though we still have to budget for house insurance and property taxes, we do have some extra money this month. That's after making our car payments also. We were able to pay a little extra on other bills this month. That feels good!

Justin and Kristin said...

WAHOOOO!! That is amazing!