MOM'S BIRTHDAY (sort of) -- I had a Dr. appointment yesterday in Twin Falls. I decided since it was just a few days before Mom's birthday that I would just take her out to lunch today. That way, I wouldn't have to go back to Twin Falls tomorrow. She enjoyed going out. We had a nice visit. She wanted me to come back to Twin Falls on Thursday, but I said I just couldn't make it and besides maybe Grant and the twins would stop by and visit her tomorrow. (Grant called today. They are going.)
I didn't know that the day was going to turn into an all day event. My Dr. appointment was at 10:00. I went to the Care center and asked if she wanted to go out to eat. As we were leaving, the driver of care center came and told us that she (Mom) had a Dr. appointment at 2:30. She asked if I would go ahead and take mom. I said yes but that I had to be back in Buhl. I asked if she could pleas pick Mom up and take her home. Well, Mom wanted me to stay with her until she went in to see the Dr. Then, she wanted me to go in with the Dr. The Dr. wanted some blood work and an x-ray done on her shoulder. By the time she was getting done, I called the care center driver and told her it was time to pick up mom. She said it would be awhile because she was at the hospital. I said that I would take Mom home. Well, when I got her back to the Care center, mom went inside while I parked the car. When I got inside, I couldn't find her. Tuesday afternoons is Ice Cream Social that starts at 3:30. Mom wanted me to stay for that. Finallly, I told her that I had to leave at 3:45 because I had to get back in Buhl. I got to the bank about 4:15 and didn't finish with paying off our house until almost 5:00. I thought I'd be home closer to around 2:00 or 3:00.
I'm glad that I'm here to be a part of mom's life, but sometimes it gets old. I still have my life that I need to take care of. As it was, I never had time to stop and buy any of the things that were on my list.
Misc June
3 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment