Went on my trip (that I won in December). Had a great time! We went to Jackson, Wyoming.
First, we rode chair lifts up the mountain. I had never rode one before. I was a little nervous-but realized it wasn't bad once I got on it. As we were riding the chair lift up, we saw a fox walking the trail. I got a picture of it. Just as we were getting to the top of the chair lift, they took our picture-as a souvenir. We bought it. We rode the Alpine Slide down the mountain. (That's a luge practicing ride.) That was fun. We went to Ripleys' believe it or not museum. That was part of the trip that I won. It wasn't worth any money. We were glad it was free. Later, we went to a History Museum that cost $3.00 each. That was well worth the money and time. I love museums and could have spent a lot longer time there. We were on a schedule. That afternoon-early evening-we went on the Bar-T-5 Chuck Wagon ride and dinner and western program. That was terrific! We'd do it again. After that we went to a rodeo. (Sort of--We didn't want to pay $14.00 each for being a little late. We just watched and heard everything outside the chain link fence.) WE SAW A MAN GET KILLED. HE WAS RIDING A BRONC-WITH SADDLE. THE HORSE STOOD UP ON HIS HIND FEET AND LANDED ON THE MAN'S HEAD. The next day, the news said that he had passed away. The next day, we went to the parks. The entrance fee was paid for with the trip that I won. (Also, our hotel room for 3 nights.) There weren't very many animals in Yellowstone park. We did see some elk with fantastic antlers. We got some great pictures. In Grand Tetons park, we were lucky enough to see a Grizzly -twice and a cow moose with her calf.
Misc June
3 years ago












No comments:
Post a Comment