WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, June 14, 2010

4 GREAT YEARS!

4 years ago yesterday, Rick & I traveled to Boise on a Sunday afternoon. ( I had just given a terrific Relief Society lesson-which didn't happen often.) We had packed a lunch to eat in the car. We had to be at a Orientation/welcome meeting at the Boise Temple. We were starting as Temple Officiators. This was our trainging meeting. We were the first ones there. At first, we thought maybe we got the information wrong. We didn't really think there would be anything happening at the Temple on Sundays, because the Temples are closed on Sundays. When we saw another couple from our stake drive up, we were glad. They were becoming Temple Ordinance Workers also. It was a wonderful afternoon. We were able to watch all of the trainging films and met the Presidency of the Temple.
Both of us worked at the Temple together for 6 months. Then, Rick's health got worse. He wasn't able to go with me the next 6 months. He was officially released after a year. I continued serving in the Boise Temple by myself until April 25th, 2008. That's the day I was released from the Boise Temple, to prepare to be set apart as an Ordinance Worker in the Twin Falls, Temple.
Thankfully, after I started working/serving in the Twin Falls Temple, Rick got the opportunity to check recommends on the work/cleaning/service day at the Temple--Mondays. It's not the same as checking recommends on days that the Temple is open, but it's still giving Rick the opportunity to be where he can feel the Spirit.
In Boise, just after 3 months of serving, I was given the opportunity to be the Initiatory Coordinator. I did that until I was released. I worked at the Twin Falls Temple for a year, before I was made the Initiatory Coordinator. I love doing that. I love serving in the Temple. It is my favorite thing to do all week. I love feeling the Spirit that I feel at the Lord's House on a weekly basis.
I HOPE I AM NEVER RELEASED FROM SERVING IN THE TEMPLE!!
Thought for the day:
“When you were confirmed a member of the Church, you received the right to the companionship of the Holy Ghost. He can help you make good choices. When challenged or tempted, you do not need to feel alone. Remember that prayer is the passport to spiritual power.”
President Thomas S. Monson, “Preparation Brings Blessings,” Ensign, May 2010, 66

3 comments:

jeff and alli said...

i'm glad you have had such a good experience working in the temple.

tash said...

I'm glad that you enjoy the work SO much and you've been able to do it for so long! Hopefully you will be able to keep doing it as long as you want to. :)

tash said...

I'm glad that you enjoy the work SO much and you've been able to do it for so long! Hopefully you will be able to keep doing it as long as you want to. :)