WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, March 29, 2010

RICK'S UPDATE & QUOTE FROM BARBARA BUSH

I thought I'd get caught up.  This picture was taken the day before Mom's birthday in February.  It took this long before I could get a copy of it into the computer. 
The gal at the Nursing Home that actually owns Mom's dog now, had it taken so she could give the picture to her for her birthday.  That was a nice gesture on her part.  (This picture is not as good as quality as the original, but it's a good picture of Mom.)

Well, I haven't given an update on Rick for awhile.  I took him down to Salt Lake for Shock Treatments for his depression on the 7th of March.  In the beginning, it appeared that things were improving slightly.  He came home on the 23rd-a week ago tomorrow.  That day wasn't great, but still looked like possibly things may improve.  The next day, he fell apart after talking to his mom (that happens often).  I spent all day and all day on Thursday trying to get him a bed back at the hospital.  They didn't have one.  I took him back down to Salt Lake yesterday.  Rick was on a waiting list for a bed.  We were just going hoping he would get one because he was scheduled for another treatment this morning.  The hospital called us as we were traveling.  They had a bed available for Rick.  We got there in time for most of Sacrament Meeting that is provided at the hospital.  Afterwards, they gave Rick another blessing.  I readmitted him into the hospital.  I came back home.  I got home about 8:00 p.m.  I saw MANY DEER AND 2 GROUPS OF ELK on the way home.
As far as Rick is concerned, time will tell.  Right now, things don't look great.
I'D BETTER CLOSE WITH A GOOD THOUGHT.
Barbara Bush, wife of former United States president George Bush, spoke wisely when in Wellesley, Massachusetts, in 1990 she addressed the Wellesley College graduating class and said, 'Your success as a family, our success as society, depends not on what happens at the White House, but on what happens inside your house.' "   This quote was taken from a talk given by President Gordon B. Hinckley in the Ensign magazine -"Four Simple Things to Help Our Families and Our Nations," Sept. 1996




 

No comments: