WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Wednesday, March 10, 2010

CATCHING UP--PICTURES, LIFE, ---LAURIE'S UPDATE

I told you that I had made a new Temple Garment bag during the holidays. I finally got around to adding a picture of it. Of course, it's red in color. My old one was also-because red is my favorite color. (You should see my closet-many versions of red.)

I'm not adding a picture of my Temple skirt that I made. It's pretty, but the material is not of good quality. I wore it for the first time yesterday and it snagged in many places. (I've had the material in my closet for about 3 years, so I can't take it back.) So much for all of the time that I put into it to make it. While I was making it, my machine wasn't working very well. It has triple seams everywhere. My machine has been repaired since then. It had a metal plate that was wore out and causing the tension to not be good.


About 2 Fridays ago, Stephanie was at work. She was opening a box, and sliced the palm of her hand. She ended up having 16 stitches on it. The next day when she woke up, they had opened. She had to go to the Dr. again. This time her hand was wrapped up in ace bandage to protect the stitches. I believe she has the stitches out by now.
That afternoon, Rick & I fulfilled a Temple assignment. He prefers to do Sealings. I prefer to do Initiatory. Because of other responsibilities, we opted to do Initiatory. That was great, because the Shift Coordinator knows that I've learned the Spanish. I was able to be a patron in the Spanish Booth. That really helped me.
After the Temple, we rushed to Filer. Heather was celebrating Jacob's birthday (his birthday is the 15th of February.) We watched them bowl.
We gave him a jar of cash for his present.

Jacob gets a little embarrassed at times.














That evening, we had a Stake Relief Society dinner for our spouses also. It was a great evening. The first Counselor of out Temple and his wife had gone on a mission to India. They came and shared pictures and stories of the mission. It's neat, because many years ago, -about 25-27 years. He was our Stake president. He is the one that said, "I promise you if you pay your tithing, we will have a Temple in Twin Falls." After that, I just kept hoping people would do as he said. Look at us now, we serve in that Temple.

I took Rick down to Salt Lake this last Friday. He's at the University of Utah getting a series of shock treatments. This is sort of a last ditch try at getting a handle on his depression. We've heard good reports on this therapy. It usually has at least 80% chance of some improvement. At this point, any improvement is good. He will be there about a week and a half. Then he will go down as an outpatient to get the remaining ones in the series. He will need about 10-12 treatments. He may need more occasionally. Time will tell.

Laurie's mom called last night. This last Saturday, her water broke from one of the twins. She's not due until the 5th of May. Today, she is 32 weeks. The Dr.s are hoping they can wait 2 more weeks, before they take the babies. Her surgery is scheduled for the 24th - I believe. Robyn said that all 3 are doing well and under good care. The babies have a good weight-4 lbs. Laurie will be on antibiotics until her surgery to prevent infection-since her water broke. Laurie is in the Twin Falls hospital-room number 281. Laurie will be having some kind of treatments often. If you plan to visit, it may be better to call her before you visit. Her personal phone number is: 208-358-3989. She has her phone with her.

Well, I've spent way too much time on the computer. I need to get busy.

No comments: