On November 14th, our Primary had a fun Activity Day. I thought I'd share it with you. We have been memorizing the monthly scriptures all year long. We had to be familiar enough with the scriptures that we could earn the makings for ice cream sundaes. We didn't exclude anyone for not knowing the scriptures, we helped them. Sadly, not very many kids came, but it was fun. Each of the presidency prepared games or pictures that represented the scriptures. We set up 12 different stations. At one station- we earned a bowl, another station-we earned a spoon, another station-we earned a napkin, another station- we earned a brownie, another station- we earned strawberry syrup, another station-we earned chocolate syrup,
another station-we earned sprinkles, another station-we earned nuts, another station-we earned maraschino cherries, another station-we earned another scoop of ice cream. I must have forgotten what else we earned because I didn't come up with 12 stations.
One of the stations the kids played hopscotch -guessing the scripture. One of the stations, the kids tossed balls at clues helping them with the scriptures. One station, they built house (pictures) that represented a house built of faith, prayer, etc. One of the stations, the word were all mixed up with pictures that were also clues. They had to unscramble the words with the help of the pictures.
I'm going to include my games. It was a fun day. I hope next year, more kids come.
May Scripture
John 3:5
"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God." 
June Scripture
Family Proclamation to the World-Paragraph 7
Successful...families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, and forgiveness.

July Scripture
Mosiah 4:13
"And ye will not have a mind to injure one another, but live peaceably."
No comments:
Post a Comment