I subbed at the temple yesterday. There was a neat experience for one family. Thankfully, I was assigned to be a patron in this particular session. A woman that is 99 years old, got her Endowment. (She was just baptized 2 months ago. The church gave her special permission to waive the one year waiting time to go the temple.) It was neat watching her family ooh and ah over her. She had 2 escorts-one setting on each side of her wheelchair. As we were going from the Endowment room 1 into Endowment room 2, I saw my mentor from the Boise Temple. I realized she was related to this 99 year old lady. I believe her husband is the son of the 99 year old lady and is a Bishop. After the endowment, the 99 year old lady was sealed to her son and also to her deceased son.
Even though I wasn't related to her, I was just about in tears watching the event happen.
I'm continuing to learn more of the Spanish Initiatory ordinance words. Tuesday when I was subbing, I realized that I could figure out what certain words mean. Since Spanish is not a literal translation of English, this new knowledge is helping me to learn more. (This is the "proper language" instead of the "street lingo".)
UPDATE ON MOM (GRANDMA):
We are planning on putting her in the Twin Falls Care Center on the 3rd of June. Grant will be moving the twins home with him. The things that are supposed to be given away, will be at my house. I can't save everything.
Misc June
3 years ago












3 comments:
It's good to hear that things are going great with Grandma and the guys.
Great experience at the temple thanks for sharing.
What a great moment to share at the temple. When I was in the MTC, I remember a time when my district went to the temple and there was an elderly lady there for her first time. I loved it and was grinning from ear to ear.
Will you let us know Grandma's address when you have it?
Thanks for sharing, this is really terrific! Mike
Post a Comment