WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Wednesday, February 4, 2009

MY FAVORITE SONG and OTHER STUFF

I thought I'd share with you the words to my favorite song. It's by the group "Heartbound". It's called: Stand In Holy Places.
I've come to earth,this is my time, sent forth from God, my mission is divine. If I am tempted to go astray, the still small voice will light my way. I have faith to be true, I know what I must do.
(Chorus: I'll stand in Holy Places, I'll walk with God. He is my guiding light, my iron rod. the world may tell me that I am wrong, but I'll stand up, I'll stand firm, I'll stand strong.)
I know that where I choose to be, will affect my life eternally. I know that deep within my heart, is where the holy place must start. With the temple in view, here's what I must do.
(Chorus again) I'll be not moved, this day on; I'll stand with God, where I belong. (Chorus again) finish with and echo of: I'll stand up, I'll stand firm. I'll stand strong.
This song is so much my motto in life. I hope it inspires you as it does me.

These last 2 weeks have been so-o-o busy. I'm preparing a Sharing Time for Primary. The subject is: Righteous Families in the Scriptures are blessed. I sort of had a plan as to what I was doing. Then, Last Sunday, the President basically did the same thing that I had planned on doing-different theme. So, then, I had to do an "about face" and come up with a different plan of presenting it. I'm also preparing a talk to give in Sacrament Meeting this sunday. The theme is: Temple Work and the Blessings that come from it. I guess Heavenly Father wants me to share my deep love for the Gospel with others. Since I started serving in the Temple, I seem to share my testimony very often. Preparing Sharing Time and a talk only helps my testimony to grow stronger.
Besides, doing that, I still have the every day life situations going on. I'm subbing at the Temple tomorrow and maybe early morning shift at 6:00 a.m. on Saturday. I subbed twice last week.
Today, we are going to Boise to help move Stephanie back down to our area. Mike found a job (really 3 jobs for now,) back in Twin Falls. Stephanie is ready to be closer to family anyhow. Arianna is probably going to live with her dad for awhile in Twin Falls. "Mady" will still live with Stephanie.
Stephanie's new address (again) is: 1695 Kimes, Twin Falls, Idaho 83301. She will be getting a different address.

1 comment:

jeff and alli said...

Oh how nice that Stephanie will be closer!

Good luck Sunday, you have a lot to do. I do sharing times too and it is a good experience.