Hey family (and friends),
Sorry for complaining about life last week. (I again accientally deleted that post.) I know that everyone has their own problems. I just had to release. When I see other peoples problems, I'm often thankful for my own problems. I am aware of your trials. I just don't know how to address them for your benefit. You are in my prayers.
Update on Rick's depression: It's funny how advice given from me never seems to be as good as if it's given from Mommy, daughters, or the doctors. I've been telling Rick forever that he needs to get out of the house to no avail. However, he went to the Dr. yesterday. Dr. Albright prescribed that Rick exercise for at least 1/2 hour 3 times a week. Rick came home yesterday and actually got on our walker-exerciser. He walked for 1/2 hour.
Last week, our ward was assigned to do Sealings on Friday. The time was 3:30. Rick's depression was really bad on Friday. He almost talked himself out of not going. (He often does that.) However, this particular day, Rick made the choice to fight the depression and get out of the house. He got ready very early and was at the Temple, dressed in his white clothing at 2:30-just waiting for the other people to come. He figured that way, Satan couldn't win this particular fight. Rick felt good as soon as he got to the Temple and drank in the Spirit.
Misc June
3 years ago












5 comments:
Glad Rick was able to control his life more than the depression. Every step counts, and temple steps are probably even better.
Jeff's interview is this Friday. So we will see. We don't know how stiff the competition is.
Allison,
Thanks for your encouraging words.
Diane
I thought Jeffs's interview already happened. Good Luck!
You shouldn't feel bad for "complaining". Life can be frustrating at time and sometimes you have to get it off your chest. I do all the time!
Besides I didn't think you were really complaining.
Sausha,
Thanks for your words. You're right. Sometimes we do have to release our frustrations.
Rick was admitted in the hospital yesterday for depression again. He is in the Portneuf Medical Center. This seems to happen about twice a year anymore.
Diane
I'm sorry to hear about Rick. I hope he gets to leave soon.
On a different note...I added the link by hightlighting the words I wanted to be the link then I clicked on the link button in the the posting section. It looks like a chain link with a green little world. Then it will pop up a box where I cut and paste the website link I want in. Most the time it works, there has been a couple times it didn't work right. I hope that helps.
Post a Comment