WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Lights from our house and Chocolate Pie Recipe












Some Christmas sights from our house for your enjoyment.



Our candy canes are actually red this year. We also have a flood light on the manger-so you can see them better. This year, we also don't have the extra lights in the trees.

Here's my traditional Chocolate Cream Pie recipe-improved thru the years.

2 or 3 pkgs. of 8 oz. cream cheese 1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups sugar 2-3 lg. tubs of Cool Whip
1 cup cocoa powder 3 teaspoons of vanilla
6-10 cooked pie crusts. Grated semi-sweet chocolate chips or candy bar

Combine cream cheese, sugar, & vanilla in lg. mixing bowl. Add cocoa alternately with milk, beating until smooth. Gradually add & fold in Cool Whip until well combined. Pour or scoop into pie shells quickly. The more cream cheese you use, the quicker it sets up. However, I prefer the more cream cheese. Garnish with grated semi-sweet chocolate chips. Freeze until ready to serve. (Stephanie prefers to let it thaw a little before serving.) Depending on how full you make the pies, you may or may not have leftover filling. If you do, just freeze it-for more pies later.

Our Christmas traditions: peanut clusters and my chocolate cream pie.

5 comments:

jeff and alli said...

One, I really love your love for Christmas, the decor looks great. :)

And before I forget, Happy Holidays!

Lastly, that recipe sounds good, there are so many yummy things to try during this season. I try not to think of the calories. :)

tash said...

I like all your lights. it's such a fun time of year.

Justin and Kristin said...

Cool lights! I love Christmas lights, it looks like you did a lot!

Anonymous said...

Your house looks wonderful! Thanks for your Christmas newsletter. You're looking as young & gorgeous as ever!
Happy 2009! Mike, Fullerton

tash said...

A blog book makes my blog into a book. At least my postings. I hate writing journals, so I'm using this instead. I'm hoping it turns out.