WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, November 17, 2008

SOME FAMILY PICTURES & CATCHING UP.

Well, it's been quite awhile since I posted anything new. I finshed work in mid-October. Life is really busy. I'm trying to get ready for the holidays now. I'm going to post some pictures and let you catch up with our family.









Tyler, "Bekha", & Jacob
These are Heather's kids. Tyler is 10 years old. He loves riding our 4 wheeler and his own motorcycle. He's in the 6th grade and was in football this fall. He is Bonka's guy. "Bekha" is 8 years old. She has enjoyed dancing the last few years. She's pretty good at it. She's a "girly" girl. Howeve, she surprised me. This next summer, she wants to play baseball. Jacob is 6 years old. He's quite mischievious. He's grandma's guy.









Stephanie's kids, Arianna, "Mady", & "Kenna"
The group picture of Stephanie's kids was taken in the summer sometime. Traci, Jacob, Kari, Arianna, "Kenna" & "Mady". They don't get many times when all of the kids are there at the same time. Arianna is in the 8th grade. This is her first day of school picture. She's had another knee surgery. This was her good knee. She's doing good. This is "Mady's" first day of school picture also. Don't you just love her smile? She was asked to participate in a drug-free "to do" for the whole state of Idaho. She was the only one asked out of her school. The governor spoke at this function. I didn't get to watch her, because it was a Friday. Rick went with his parents. They said the audience loved her the best. Maybe, that's because she had her talk mostly memorized and her great smile. "Kenna" and daddy are going to her first day of school also (Pre-school) . She is pretty independent and starting to be quite the shatter box. The problem is that I can't understand everything she says. She calls us sometimes, just to talk.

This was taken the first part of November. They are Stephanie's step-kids. Traci, Kari, & Jacob. Kari also had a knee surgery. She is doing very well and is a sophmore in High School. Traci is in volleyball and is trying our for the "Jump" acting production that goes on every year for the kids in Magic Valley. She was in it once before. Jacob just continues to get taller.



Heather & Stephanie's brother and his wife (Andy & Stacy) came down for an early Thanksgiving visit. They were here for almost a week. We were invited to a family gathering to spend some time with them. They're a cute couple. They live in California. Andy is in a band. He is the lead singer. Both of them work for her relatives in construction.
Well, I've been substituting in the Temple on a pretty regular basis-besides my own shift. I substiture on Friday evenings after working all day on Friday. I substitute on Thursday days also. That's fun, but time consuming.
There is a chance that Rick may get to work at the Recommend Desk soon. He's on the list 2 times and the guy in charge of recruiting others works on my shift. My friend visited with the President of theTemple about getting Rick on. The President said that Rick needs to make an effort to go to the Temple on a regular basis. That's how they pick the new ones. We did go to the Temple this last week. An older couple in our ward that has been married for 30 years were sealed. Rick was his escort. That's the first time I got Rick to the Temple in almost 2 years. His depression has gotten extremely worse in the last 2 years. It's hard to get him out of the house anymore. If he gets to work at the Recommend desk, that would be such a great "lift" to both of us.
I just got put into the Primary Presidency. I've been the President once before. I've been the 1st Counselor twice and the Secretary once. This time, I am the 2nd Counselor. I'm a little intimidated. I've never been over the older kids. I'm not real excited about being in charge of the scouts. I keep reminding myself what the Temple President says: "Those that are called, become qualified." I guess that's what Heavenly Father wants me to do. I conducted the opening exercises yesterday-our first day. Luckily, I don't have to to Sharing Time until the first Sunday in December. Maybe by then, I'll feel more comfortable in this new calling.

5 comments:

tash said...

Glad to see you're back online!

Grandpa and Grandma B. said...

Its about time! The kids are looking so grown up.

jeff and alli said...

It looks like the grandkids are growing up, it is fun to see.
I'm in
the primary too, 1st counselor, and I'm then one over cub scouts, which has it's challenges but I do believe the Lord qualifies you. Good luck and have fun!

Park avenue said...

I sent you an email I hope you got it

Justin and Kristin said...

Well in just a few weeks I will be done with classes!! But then I have to Student Teach (one whole semester) and that got pushed back from this spring to the following fall. So I still have to wait to have that done. I should officially graduate in about 1 year from now, then hopefully I can make my own announcement!