WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, September 15, 2008

SOME CATCHING UP.

Well it's been at least 3 weeks since I've added anything. That's because I'm working Seneca (Green Giant). I work 6 days a week 10-12 hours a day. The 7th day of the week, I serve at the Temple. Not much time to do anything else. When I get done with work, I'll try to post some pictures.
It's so-o- o nice to be serving in the Temple again. Mostly, I have been serving in Iniatory. That is where my heart is. I hope to be able to at least experience the other assignments since it's a brand new Temple. I will in time. It's nice not traveling 2 hours to the Temple and 2 hours to drive back home. The Temple has been full most of the time since it opened. It has even added extra chairs for the sessions for the first 3 months. Most of them have also been full. That's great.
All of my grandkids have started school. Stephanie's oldest (Mike's oldest) is in high school. Stephanie's oldest of her own should be in high school except she was held back one year because of her having a knee surgery. Stephanie's youngest-Kennedi started pre-school this year. The rest of Stephanie's kids are stretched out in between the ones that I mentioned. Heather's oldest-Tyler is in the 6th grade this year and had his first football game this last Saturday. Heather's youngest -Jacob started 1st grade this year. I guess with all of my grandkids in school, that makes me getting old.
Rick is always fighting his depression-(our whole married life). At times it gets slightly better. That always helps.
We've taken our 4 wheelers out 4 times this summer. We're getting better an learning how to steer them. They are still harder to steer than out motorcycles were. It's been fun doing something.
Talk to you later. 4:30 a.m. comes early.

2 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Busy lady! I'm glad you get to serve in the temple and so happy you don't have to drive as far now. That is a blessing in itself. Thanks for the update.

tash said...

Yes, it is a blessing not to have to drive so far now, esp with the price of gas. Glad things are going well for you.