WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, January 31, 2011

PAIN IS NOT FUN !  I tolerate pain better than many people.  Well last Tuesday, I was putting dishes in the dishwasher. My back went out. I couldn't move and I was in a lot of pain. I told Rick that if it didn't go away, I would not be going with him to our Temple assignment that night.
Rick brought me a chair and I set in the kitchen for awhile. I could tell the pain wasn't going away. I decided that if I was going to be setting, I might as well be watching t.v. I managed to get in the front room. Rick gave me an ice pack and thankfully, we had some pain pills. I didn't go to the Temple assignment. (Rick's mom went with him.) Wednesday was slightly better. I forced myself to go to my Primary Presidency meeting in the the evening. Thursday, I had an appointment with Mom's Care Center--(quarterly family review). I really wanted to cancel the meeting because the pain was terrible, but I didn't. The pain continued to get worse during the day. By the time I got home on Thursday afternoon, I was in excrutiating pain--probably the worst that I've felt in 10-12 years. I doubled up on the pain medicine. Friday, I felt a little better and was able to serve in the Temple. (I did temporarily get sick - I guess from too much pain and medication.) Thankfully, Heavenly Father allowed me to feel fairly well during the day at the Temple. As soon as I finished, I started hurting again. Saturday, I hurt more. Now the pain is moving down my leg. Thankfully, I felt better somewhat for Sunday and that allowed me to do my Sunday responsibilities. Today, my back is better than it was on Thursday-not well-but better. The muscle in my leg feels like it's about 4 inches too short. I AM GETTING AN ADJUSTMENT TODAY ! ! I'M REALY EXCITED ABOUT THE APPOIINTMENT. To be excited about going to the dr.--something must truly be wrong! When I talked to the Dr. this morning, he said that his initial diagnosis was that I'm allergic to doing dishes and asked if I wanted a prescription for that.

2 comments:

Justin and Kristin said...

I like the Dr.'s diagnosis! I hope he was able to make it better!

jeff and alli said...

That sounds like a great doctor.