As of last Thursday-October 21st, 2010-I am officially retired. the company that I have worked at for 29 years (Green Giant/Seneca Foods) is downsizing. They will no longer can corn in our area. They will freeze corn and peas. Half of the regulars were informed on Oct. 1st that their jobs were eliminated at the end of this year. Since my job dealt with "canned corn", my job is one the the eliminated. I'm a seasonal worker instead of a year-round worker. That means there is no severance pay-just a big Thank You for all of my years of service. Yes, I probably could get hired for next year. If I did, it would be dirtier and harder. I'm too old for that. Since Heavenly Father allowed a miracle to happen over a course of many years, (our house will be paid for very soon), I choose not to go back to work.
We now have a car ! ! Heavenly Father directed us to a car that we can afford and like. We found a 2003 Buick Century. It has 100,000 miles less than our old car and is 6 years newer. The payments are affordable and it will be paid for in 3 years. However, you won't recognize us when you see us. It is not red. It's listed as bronze. Rick calls it our chameleon. It changes colors with different lighting on it. Sometimes it looks bronze, grey, or silver all with tints of green, purple, and brown added. Thank Heavens for personalized license plates. It looks smaller on the outside, but almost the same size inside. It still has 6 seat-belts, and even has a larger trunk. Thanks Heavenly Father for always blessing us with what is right for us ! ! !
Misc June
3 years ago












3 comments:
Congrats on retirement!!
Glad you were able to do so!
Glad to hear of your blessings. You deserve them!
I'm glad things are working out!
Post a Comment