WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, April 5, 2010

A GOOD THOUGHT and CATCHING UP.

“The Lord does not expect that we do what we cannot achieve. The command to become perfect, as He is, encourages us to achieve the best of ourselves, to discover and develop the talents and attributes with which we are blessed by a loving Eternal Father, who invites us to realize our potential as children of God. He knows us; He knows of our capacities and our limitations. The invitation and challenge to become perfect, to achieve eternal life is for all mankind.”
Jorge F. Zeballos, “Attempting the Impossible,” Ensign magazine Nov. 2009, 33 .

Well, I took Rick down to the University of Utah Neuropsychiatric Institute on the the of March-for shock treatments to help with depression. I brought him home on the 23rd of March. That was a Tuesday. He did lousy. I took him back there on the following Sunday. Finally, this last Saturday, I felt some improvement. That's when the dr. noticed some improvement. Rick is tentativly scheduled to come home on the 14th of April.
Rick is scared that he won't wake up from the treatments. The dr. has changed the procedure so Rick is not under as much medication as he was.
It will have been 5 weeks-for the most part-that he's been down there. THANK HEAVENES FOR MEDICARE AND PRIVATE INSURANCE! THE BILL FOR THE FIRST TIME AROUND WAS OVER $36,000. I ASSUME THIS TIME AROUND WILL BE CLOSE TO THE SAME AMOUNT.
The dr. is going to adjust the medications before Rick gets released. I'm grateful for that

About the time that I took Rick down to Utah, someone in the ward gave us some coal. The scouts delivered it as a service project. We figure we got close to 2 tons. At the time, we thought it was a blessing. For several days, I tried to get the coal to burn. It would only burn for a little while. Finally, I gave up on it. I've been using our baseboard heaters-that's only in 2 rooms. Later, we called the guy that we get coal from. He said that coal does go bad. (Rick's brother says it won't.He says we just need to mix it with good coal. That's a good plan is all of the good coal wan't buried with the bad coal.) We got a little extra back from taxes this year-not much. It's still under $900.00, but close. Rick's brother is going to help us get a new used furnace that we won't have to use coal anymore. That will be a blessing because it's blown up on us several times. HOW GRATEFUL WE ARE THAT HEAVENLY FATHER ALWAYS BLESSES US TO BE SAFE AND PROVIDES ENOUGH FOR US TO MEET OUR NEEDS.
Andy called Stephanie yesterday. He felt the earthquake that California had. His was at his in-laws place. Everyone is safe. THANKS HEAVENLY FATHER FOR WATCHING OVER THEM.
I spent the weekend watching and listening to Conference. I really needed the Spiritual Nourishment. I stayed home on Saturday and watched the conference by my self. Yesterday-Easter-I spent the day with mom. We watched conference together. I didn't get quite as much from Sunday's conference - because she wanted to visit a lot. It was still a good day.

No comments: