Well, since my Birthday back in April, life has been very busy. That is when it was decided that Mom/Grandma would move into a Nursing Home. Rick & I (mostly me) spent many hours, and hard labor emptying out her house and getting it ready to sell. The Relief Society presidency and one friend helped clean the house. Without the help of the one friend, I don't know how I would have accomplished all that was needed to do. I must also give credit to Heather and Stephanie. They spent 3 days cleaning the house while we were camping. For the record, the closing date is supposed to be on Rick's birthday-the 21st. We are supposed to be getting what the realtor listed it for. I know that Heavenly Father had a "hand" in that.
In fact, I know that He has had a "hand" in helping with many things this summer. Just yesterday, Grant called and said that he finally got word that he will also get paid to take care of Terry. For awhile, it looked like Grant would only get paid for taking care of Jerry. That would not have been enough money for them to get by. I'm not sure when that money will start-hopefully September. Thanks Heavenly Father for always watching over us in life's trials.
Mom is adjusting to living at the care center. She's one of the most popular residents there. Everyone acts like they really like her. She is getting stronger. Two times ago when I was there, I actually saw her stand up by herself. Granted, she didn't get up very fast or very gracefully, but she stood up. Then, she just stood there for 3-4 minutes, occasionally petting her dog on the table but not really holding onto anything. The therapist was standing beside her, in case she needed help. The therapist kind of had to help her set back down. (Mom is now using an electric wheelchair. That makes life seem more normal.) After Mom had a chance to rest, she stood back up 2 more times. These times, the therapist had to help her a little more than the first time and more the last time also. It brought tears to my eyes to see her doing that good.Besides all the moving stuff going on, June is always the month that Heather's kids play baseball. Heather was the assistant coach for "Bekha" and Jacob's team. Tyler is old enough that he is on his own separate team. He has potential to be very good. He was named the most valuable player many times thru out the season. A new one for each game. He got 3 home runs in one of the tournament games. He is a pretty good picture. I honestly believe I like him playing at first base best. Several times either when he was pitching or on first place, he was responsible for a double play. Way to go Tyler ! ! !
Jacob playing ball.
He doesn't have the attention span that is really needed for this game yet. But, he enjoys life.
He doesn't have the attention span that is really needed for this game yet. But, he enjoys life.
Tyler getting ready to "whop" it. Usually when he hit his home runs, "BONKA" wasn't able to be there. Tyler tries so hard to make 'BONKA" proud of him.
One of the many great pitches. Tyler pitched several "stike outs".
We went camping during June for almost one week. We hadn't been camping for almost 4 years. We almost had forgotten how. The last time, we went, I decided that we needed an easier trailer for us to get on. During the time that we hadn't been camping, Rick had remodeled our trailer. It was much easier to load and unload the bikes. We also now have 4-wheelers now instead of motorcycles. The older you get, the more you have to find easier ways of life. Rick did take his motorcycle with the intention of him riding that an "Mady" and I driving the 4-wheelers. While we were traveling, his motorcycle tipped over and got oil where it wasn't supposed to be. The engine seized up and he couldn't use it. So, "Mady" ended up being Rick's (BONKA) driver. She hadn't really driven much at all before this trip. She drove over 50 miles in one day and she did great. Another day, she drove around 40 miles. She got my new 4-wheeler (not really new, but newer for us) instead of using Rick's. Mine is easier to shift gears and also is 4-wheel drive. Rick's is only 2-wheel drive. The steering on the 4-wheel drive is easier. So, I was a little disappointed that I didn't get to drive mine and see how I liked it. We had just gotten it a few weeks before we went.
We went up to Beaver Creek campground by the Scout camp-Scout Bradley near Stanley. We drove up the main road quite a ways to Josepheus Lake. We thought we had been there before. I guess not, because this was worth the drive. This was much prettier than anything we had remembered. It was sort of 2 lakes really one, but divided with a man made bridge of sorts. "Mady" and I walked across the bridge to the other side. Rick stayed by the 4-wheelers and took our pictures.
"Mady" and me walking across
the so-called bridge. There were some fallen logs laid across the water with a man made railing of smaller logs sort of nailed up.
I wanted to post a few more pictures, but it got late. Maybe I'll post a few more tomorrow -or not- that goes with this post.












1 comment:
I'm very glad that the therapy is helping grandma! I've only experienced horror stories with nursing facilities that are SUPPOSE to rehabilitate, so my mind is much eased to know that things are going so well for her there!
Post a Comment