Yesterday, I was sustained as the new Primary President in my Ward. I know it will work out, but it's really bad timing for my life right now. This is the time of year that very soon I will be working 6 days a week, 10-12 hours a day. My Bishop said they told the Lord that I can't do this right now. Basically, the Lord said, "So". So, the Bishop reminded the Lord that I can't do this. Again, the Lord basically said, "SO". So, the Bishop asked me 3 weeks ago. I asked what to do. He said just get good counselors that can help me. I submitted 2 names. One accepted-1st Counselor. The other turned the opportunity down. Then, I had to pray for more guideance. I Submitted 2 more names. The Bishop turned down one name and then told me to pray about someone else. I did and still got the same impression of the first sister. All of us were set apart as the new Primary Presidnecy yesterday.
The 15th of August is probably the last day that I will be able to go to church until after work in October. I need to get all my "ducks" in a row before then. To add to the stress, I also got assigned to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting on the 15th-as Primary President.
THANKS HEAVENLY FATHER FOR YOUR CONFIDENCE IN ME! I WILL DO MY BEST EFFORT.
Misc June
3 years ago












4 comments:
Oh, I love primary! I hope it is a good experience for you. I was a counselor and I know myself and the other counselor had no problems filling in for the president when she needed to be gone, or had surgery....
When the Lord is involved, it always seems to work out. Primary is a wonderful place to be and to have a calling. :)
Obviously the Lord knows where you need to be, He knows what blessings you will receive through this calling. I felt very similar when I found out I was having Autumn and now, 8 months after her birth we simply can't imagine life without her! Have faith (which I know you do)!!
If anyone can handle a hectic situation, you can. You have been doing that for a long time.
You will do a wonderful job.
The Lord doesn't make mistakes.
Gary
Post a Comment