WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, July 19, 2010

This last Wednesday, I officially had the opportunity to perform all of the ordinances in the Temple-speaking the Spanish language. Heavenly Father has blessed me to learn this work in a different language than what I speak, so that I can help others. I'm grateful for that. I have to sub on the Spanish night, because I don't get the oppotunity on my shift.
This last Saturday, we had the honor to attend the Boise Temple with my brother's family. (Gary's family) His youngest son-Kevin, got his Endowment - preparing to go on his mission. All of Gary & Debbie's kids and most of their kids' spouses were able to attend. The Prayer Circle was great. It was all family with the exception of one couple. (I'm not sure if Gary & Debbie knew them or not.) Rick & I were in the Prayer Circle with them. The look on Gary & Debbie's faces were wonderful. You coudn't pay them to look more proud and happy. It was a great moment to be a part of.
I had to give Sharing Time this last Sunday. Sharing Times are difficult for me. I honestly didn't feel prepared. I just did what was suggested in the Sharing Time phamplet that the church provides. This morning, I got an e-mail from one of my teachers-telling me that I did a good job. The following is copied from her letter to me: By the way, the sharing time activity you did today really involved the kids. They liked stapling the links together to make the chain. Good Job!
I'm so thankful that Heavenly Father continues to bless us -daily. Life is good, even when you have trials.

No comments: