WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, May 10, 2010

MOTHERS'S DAY 2010

This post is more for Mom than myself. She had a good Mother's Day weekend. She got to see visit with all of her kids. It started on Saturday. Gary stopped by and visited for about and hour. After he left, she called and told me that he had stopped on his way home for a visit.
Diane & Helen (daughter & Mom)

On Sunday, Grant and the twins were at the Care Center early enough that they could go to Sacrament Meeting with Mom. They had lunch with her. They left shortly after I got there around 2:00. The Care Center had cake and punch for residents and visitors. They also provided flowers for the Mothers. (You can't see mine in the picture-because I'm on the wrong side and it's covered up.)
Mom /Helen
Mom's Sister had sent Mom a DVD - (an interview with Mom's Dad-Ether Allen and Mom's Sister-Carol McEntire) for her Birthday back in February. She had not seen it yet, because Mom didn't have a DVD player until recently. We decided that would be a fun thing to do for Mother's Day. The interview of Grandpa was only about 12 minutes. I wish it had been much longer. He was such a "cute" man-great personality. The interview with Aunt Carol was about 70 minutes long.
Mom's days started before 5:00 a.m. She wanted to get a perm -so that she'd look good for today. By the time I left-about 5:00 p.m., she was very tired. She'd been up all day. Over all, she had a very good weekend. I'm glad for her.
Rick gave me a card. I could tell that he actually made an effort in getting one that had a good verse on. Coming from him-that's a good effort. Today was also Heather's Birthday. I stopped at her house to give her a B-day card. She wasn't home. She had called me earlier and wished me Happy Mother's Day. I wasn't home. She left a message. I later called her to wish her Happy Mother's Day. She wasn't home. I left her a message. Stephanie called me while I was at the Care Center visiting Mom. She asked me to stop at her house on my way home. They gave me a potted orchid and a card. It was a pleasant day.

3 comments:

jeff and alli said...

I'm glad Grandma has such thoughtful children.

Lyndsay said...

Sounds like a nice Mother's Day! I will try to finish up your blog this week, thanks for being so patient with me!

tash said...

I'm glad Grandma is doing well and everyone got to see her. - sausha