WE MET ON A BLIND DATE AND HAVE BEEN MARRIED SINCE 1980. WE HAVE 2 GROWN DAUGHTERS AND ALSO CLAIM THEIR HALF-BROTHER. ALL OF THEM ARE MARRIED. OUR DAUGHTERS HAVE GIVEN US 9 GRANDKIDS. BOTH RICK & I GREW UP IN MAGIC VALLEY. DIANE GREW UP ON A FARM IN HANSEN, IDAHO. RICK GREW UP IN THE TOWN OF BUHL, IDAHO. WE LIVE ABOUT 2 MILES OUT OF TOWN IN THE ORIGINAL FARM HOUSE OF THE AREA. (Many thanks given to my nephew's wife-Lyndsay-for preparing the background. She's very talented and apprecieated.)

I TRY TO PATTERN MY LIFE AFTER THIS.

13 th ARTICLE OF FAITH: We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed we may say that we folllow the admonition of Paul---We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to do endure all things. If there is anything viruous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.



Monday, September 21, 2009

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO B E POSTED LAST WEEK-BUT I GOOFED.

Hi every one. Life has been very busy. I'm working 6 days a week 1-12 hours a day. (The 7th day of the week, I'm at the Temple all day long.) Work has been pretty good this year. Even though we started almost a month late, we've worked steady. Since we started, we've only had one NO WORK DAY. That means we get more overtime and that helps the paychecks. I'm grateful Heavenly Father has allowed it to be so steady. I will probably make close to what I usually make in other years in a lot shorter time period. Heavenly Father always comes thru for us.Nothing gets done around the house while I'm working. Rick asked me what I planned on doing when I get done with work. I said that maybe I would get caught up on some things around here. That was a hint for him to help me, but that doesn't happen. All he ever does is sleep. In fact, he slept right thru an appointment the other day. His counselor called him 1/2 hour after he was supposed to be there. His psychiatrist has suggested "shock treatments" but now he wants to hold off and try another medication. It's not working. Friends have told us that "shock treatments" have helped their loved ones. I plan on pursuing the situation as soon as I get done with work. This situation-Rick's "zombie-like" life is just getting worse. I really wished he would have never retired from work. Granted, he quit because of his diabetes, but the depression has only gotten worse each year since he quit working. Well, enough of complaining. It is what it is.Mom/Grandma was doing pretty well with therapy. I was excited she seemed to be getting stronger and showing improvement. She told me last Friday, that it was her last day of therapy. I believe it's a government reason that it's stopped. I get to see her every Friday night after I finish serving at the Temple. I get to visit her more this year-during work-with her being at the Care Center in Twin than I was able to visit her other years during work. She said that she had a nice "write up" in her ward Newsletter. I'll try to include it. I'm not sure if you'll be able to read it.





Oh, I forgot to mention, Mom's house still isn't sold. It was supposed to close on Rick's Birthday-the 21st of August. Then, the buyer had some problem with the financing. The closing date was amended to be this Friday-Sept. 18th. I just talked to the realtor yesterday. It's been postponed again. Now it's supposed to be on or before the 1st of October.I'm still trying learn the Spanish Initiatory at the Temple. I'm almost there. I have a book that is written by a BYU Professor. It's titled Spanish for Latter-Day-Saints. I got it cheap and didn't get the tapes that should have come with it. Well, I have a lot of extra time at work. I've been reading this book. I'm starting to comprehend what I'm reading. One particular sentence, I had I hard time figuring it out. When I did, I asked my co-workers if it basically said: The priests of King Noah either did or wanted to kill the messenger from God. They said I was correct. I've taken the book home and translated Spanish passages into English for Rick. The more I read, the easier it is for me to memorize the Temple Initiatory Ordinance Work. I may never be able to speak the language (except the Temple Ordinance) but someday, I will be able to read it. I'm really enjoying learning this. For just doing this on my own, it feels like a great accomplishment ! !It's late. I need to do some other things.

4 comments:

Lyndsay said...

I'm so impressed, Aunt Diane. Good for you for tackling such a big project! I can't imagine trying to teach myself another language! We will pray for you and Rick and are glad things are going good at work!

Lyndsay said...

Also, thank you for posting the story about Grandma, that was so nice to read.

tash said...

I'm hope Grandma's house gets sold this time around. That's too bad it's taking so long. And good luck with the Spanish. I love it when you just start to get it!

jeff and alli said...

I'm glad to hear that Grandma is doing well. Keep up the faith Diane. :)